Ensure the long-term prosperity of your company by installing a Sydney water grease trap that complies with regulations. Without even a legal grease trap installation, restaurant, club, or café owners and operators in Sydney run the danger of harm, loss, or even fines. FOG (fats, oils, and grease) can seriously damage your plumbing when they are flushed down the main drainage or kitchen plumbing pipes. They may condense on pipe walls, resulting in the hardening, clogging, and eventual breakdown of the pipes. Costly repairs and disruption of corporate operations may follow from this.
Additionally, grease can overburden wastewater treatment facilities, harm them, and cause the release of untreated wastewater into the environment, contaminating water sources like rivers and beaches. Also, farm councils have to spend millions of dollars on repairs due to damage from fats, oils, and grease. Sydney Water mandates the installation of grease traps in all food enterprises to help prevent significant damage and waste that could seriously harm the environment. These local and federal grease laws are strictly enforced, and violators could face heavy penalties or possibly closure if they are a food service business.
Common fixes for grease traps
A Sydney water grease trap might experience a few frequent problems during the course of its lifetime that may require repairs. These consist of:
- an obstruction in the crossover. When oil or solid debris accumulates in the transition line between compartments, this happens. As a result, the water level in the first container rises while staying the same in the second.
- Incoming and outgoing lines are backed up. A blocked outgoing line causes an overflow, but a clogged entering line causes a backup.
- A grease trap is full. When grease is not pushed out as needed, this happens.
- rotten egg odor This happens when you don’t clean your grease trap frequently or when a buildup of thick sludge causes the kitchen plumbing to overflow.
- Leaking grease trap. This may lead to elbow fittings that have cracked, shifted, collapsed or cracks in them.
Our experienced plumber will examine your grease trap to find any problems and start fixing them. Using specialist equipment they will clear any obstructions in the crossover, ingoing, or outgoing lines as well as any waste in your kitchen plumbing. Our plumbers can arrange a replacement when your grease trap is beyond repair or too old.
Solution For a Holding Tank?
A holding tank treatment can aid in odor eradication, the breakdown of sediments, and the maintenance of your holding tank sensors. Your motor vehicle will benefit from employing an RV tank treatment because you cannot clean the interior of an RV sewage holding tank.
The best treatments for RV holding tanks come in a variety of shapes, most frequently as liquid or powder. Treatments can be of the enzyme, chemical, or probiotic variety. Thankfully, most are formaldehyde-free these days. Due to formaldehyde’s hazardous effects on people, we ONLY advise purchasing formaldehyde-free items.
How Are RV Holding Tank Treatments Used?
Using an RV holding tank treatment is rather easy. Simply flush the recommended dosage as directed by the manufacturer, and fill the tank with less water than a gallon. You shouldn’t experience any issues as soon as you wash with enough fresh water and only flush TP and human waste down the toilet.